[osg-users] OpenGL and OSG advocacy

Sukender suky0001 at free.fr
Mon Mar 2 17:06:28 PST 2009

Hi Robert, hi all,

I don't know if ideas (slogans) I got before going to sleep are to be good ones, but here we go! :)

For OpenGL, regarding to portability:
- "Having only one client is risky for your company. Supporting only one platform is also risky. Use cross-platform open APIs based on OpenGL". Note to JS: I didn't say "standard" :) But if it sounds a better slogan, just say "Use OpenGL, *the* corss-platform open standard".
- "Open your market to new customers. Build your apps with OpenGL."
- "Don't put all your eggs in one basket! Be cross-platform, be open, use OpenGL."
- "Tired to be tied to Windows? Switch to OpenGL."
- "OpenGL: Same performances, same features, but portable across platforms."

Please note that these could also work for OSG...

And for OSG:
- "Open Scene Graph: A high abstraction level, performance gains using optimizers and culling, ease of use, cool features, open source... What are you waiting for?"
- "Dramatically cut your development costs by building your 3D app on a powerful open source and cross-platform toolkit. Open Scene Graph."
- "Why trying to build a powerful cross-platform 3D toolkit upon OpenGL when an open source and rock solid one exists?"
- "Don't even try to be as good as a >375k lines toolkit, with >350 authors and >2000 registered users. Just use Open Scene Graph, it's free."
- "Don't even try to create your 3D app directly from a 3D API; it will cost years until you reach the Open Scene Graph features."
- "Open Scene Graph is simply what you need to avoid re-inventing the wheel."
- "No need for proprietary solutions that just can't be adapted to your needs... simply switch to Open Scene Graph."
- "For vis-sim, high performance apps, games, scientific visualization and modelling: Open Scene Graph. Certainly one of the best scene graph ever."
- "Don't want to meddle too low in OpenGL but want to keep manoeuvrability and scalability? Open Scene Graph is *your* solution." (Thanks kuba for his(her?) post on ohloh.net!)

I guess some could be split/merged/rearanged.

Thoughts? Things to change (Sorry, that's not easy to find good ads when not in your mothertongue language!)? Ideas?
...Anyone mastering a vector graphics editor to make cool ads? :)

Sukender, going to bed