[osg-users] New ffmpeg plugin checked into svn/trunk

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:15:24 PST 2009

Hi Sukender,

The needs for the providing audio for movies read by the ffmpeg is
that we have a AudioSink implementation that can pull the data from
osg::AudioStream and play it.  We don't need a scene graph node, or
reading support for the ffmpeg plugin as it stands.  I'm basically
working to get the present plugin up to feature competitive for first
the xine-lib plugin and later hopefully the quicktime plugin.

FYI, the ffmpeg has ogg support available - in fact I'm just download
a .ogg movie for testing.  I would be not be surprised if we could get
it handle the audio reading as well.

Robert.