[osg-users] Which document(s) should I reference in order to learn about...

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 01:45:47 PST 2009

HI Jason,

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:52 AM, Jason Rupert <jasonkrupert at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Which OpenSceneGraph document(s) should I reference in order to learn about
> the terrain formats that can be imported and also the creation of terrains
> that can be imported into OpenSceneGraph.

I'm not quite sure by what you mean by "terrain formats", do you mean
DEM's?  If so then the OSG's and VirtualPlanetBuilder use GDAL to load
DEM's, so have a look at GDAL for list of the DEM formats supported.

If not DEM's then I'm not sure what you can mean.  The OSG supports
it's own binary and ascii formats that can be used for terrain.  It
also loads OpenFlight that is often used for terrain databases, and it
also loads TerrPage paged databases.