[osg-users] osgAnimation Help

Ugras Erdogan ugraserdogan at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 28 05:20:44 PDT 2009

Dear all,
      I've been trying to perform a skeletal based animation for a mesh model and rather new to osgAnimation nodekit.
1) Is it possible with osgAnimation toolkit? Or should I refer to osgCal wrapper?
2) Should I prepare the bone hierarchy and attach it to the mesh model in a software (skinning) such as 3DS max and then import in osg or all these can be readily done in osg?
3) If the above procedures can readily be done via osgAnimation, what is the deformation rule for the models ie. how do the inverse kinematics are calculated? And for the deformations while animation is it just enough to control the bone positions?
4) Is there any good tutorial on the subject besides the bundled osg codes for a new starter in osgAnimation nodekit
I'll be very pleased if you reply...
Best regards
Ugras Erdogan