[osg-users] Most efficient way to use osg::DrawElementsUInt?

Jesper D. Thomsen jdt at anybodytech.com
Thu Mar 26 03:27:58 PDT 2009

Hi all, I'm developing an application where I have to create up to 1000 osg:geometry objects per frame during certain interaction modes.
I'm using osg::DrawElementsUInt push_back() to define the geometry primitive sets, and this push_back() seems to be the primary bottleneck for my applications graphical performance. Is there a more efficient way to define the primitive sets than to fill a osg::DrawElementsUInt by push_back and add it to the geometry?

This is currently bringing me down to about 1 second per frame, which is kind of a roadblock.

regards,

Jesper D. Thomsen