[osg-users] Random values and OSG

Guy guy at dvp.co.il
Wed Mar 18 03:11:59 PDT 2009

Hi all,

 I'm suspecting that particle effects I use in my program, doesn't
repeat exactly the same in each run. I saw that in all the projects of
OSG when trying to generate pseudo random numbers, there are calls to
rand().

There is only one place which calls to srand() (besides the examples).
This is the plugin 'txp' which I don't use.

 Now, it's pretty good in my opinion that OSG doesn't seed the pseudo
random sequence, but I wanted to be sure, are there in OSG other
mechanisms that generate pseudo numbers which are in use, and might be
seeded by the OSG functions?

Thanks,

 Guy.