[osg-users] Flat file (xyz points) reader writer plugin

Martin Beckett osgforum at tevs.eu
Tue Mar 17 13:23:35 PDT 2009

Here is a first pass at a reader/writer plugin for flat file x,y,z point data.
It works reading (2d/3d) and writing (3d) points.

It has options to specify the field separator on write and an output file header. On input you can specify the default Normal and point color.
BUT I don't know how to specify them to the writeNodeFile() call so I can't test them.

I hope to extend it to be able to read GPS/NMEA tracks and plot them as a path. It should also serve as a starting point for writing your own plugins.

Can anyone who understands the plugin architecture take a look.
Building is just a matter of cloning the Obj plugin and changing the names.

Thanks
Martin

Read this topic online here: