[osg-users] Image Resolution in VPB

Martins Innus minnus at ccr.buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 16 11:12:33 PDT 2009

Hello,
	I'm using VPB to generate a terrain database with 2ft resolution
elevation data and 1 ft resolution imagery. What I'm trying to do is
make the imagery in the highest resolution tiles have the exact same
resolution as the source imagery and also still be a power of 2 for the
image tiles.
	I've verified that if I take a small input area where the source
imagery dimensions are a power of 2, I get what i want for the final model.
	It seems that if I could tell VPB to "pad out" the extents of my input
data to a power of 2 that should work as well.  I don't care if its
black or garbage or whatever.

	Would the "-e" option do what I want if I specify extents larger than
the input data?  I'm about to give that a try but it takes about three
days for this job to run to completion, so I figured I would ask if
anyone has tried to do the same thing.

Thanks for any insight.

Martins