[osg-users] osgconv bug with obj format

Ben Axelrod baxelrod at coroware.com
Mon Mar 16 10:16:03 PDT 2009

I am trying to use osgconv to convert a number of .wrl files to .obj format.  But the resulting .obj file does not look right at all in osgviewer.  (See box.png).  Also attached, the original input file box.wrl, and the resulting output files box.obj and box.mtl.

I am using OSG version 2.6.0 and openVRML 0.14.3 on Debian Etch.

The original .wrl file renders fine with osgviewer.  Other .obj files created with Blender render fine with osgviewer.  If I convert the .wrl to .osg format, the .osg file renders fine with osgviewer.  But if I then try to convert the .osg to .obj, the .obj renders bad again.  So this leads me to believe the problem is with the .obj writer in osgconv.

I tried running the conversion with -O noTesselateLargePolygons -O noTriStripPolygons with no difference.

Anyone know if there are some options I am missing to fix this?  Or if it has been fixed in the latest version?

Thanks,
-Ben