[osg-users] osgconv -e ogr and coordinate conversion

Rodebiet osgforum at tevs.eu
Fri Mar 13 13:18:38 PDT 2009

I am trying to build a terrain from a S-57 electronic navagation chart. I use the following command

osgconv -e ogr xxxxx.000 xxxxx.ive

It does work, however, the X and Y coordinates are latitude and longitude. I want to convert latitude/longitude to cartesian coordinates, because I'd like to have a flat earth terrain. Does somebody know if it possible to do this conversion by supplying some commandline options to osgconv, or perhaps pre-process the S-57 data with the gdal utilities.

Any general suggestions for creating a terrain from S-57 ENC are welcome as well.

Read this topic online here: