[osg-users] OpenSceneGraph-2.9.1 dev release tagged

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 08:07:01 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I've now tagged the 2.9.1 release, downloads can be found on the dev page:

   http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/DeveloperReleases

    * OpenSceneGraph-2.9.1, released on 13rh March 2009.
OpenSceneGraph-2.9.1, changes include:
          o New FFmpeg based video reading plugin
          o New osgUtil::IncrementalCompileOperation class that makes
it easier to manage compiling and merging new subgraphs into the scene
graph without causing frame drops.
          o New osgAnimation::MorphGeometry class for managing
morphing between different geometry sets.
          o New ImageIO plugin for OSX for reading images, and
supports both 32bit and 64bit OSX.
          o New Cocoa support in osgViewer via new
osgViewer::GraphicsWindowCocoa and PixelBufferCocoa classes that
support both 32bit and 64bit OSX.
          o New Support for server protocols in addition to http.
          o New osgDB::ReaderWriter::Features API to enable querying
of features that plugins support, to see in action use osgconv
--formats.
          o New scroll wheel support in osgGA::TrackballManipulator.
          o Bug fixes to osgText::Text3D font reading,
osgUtil::Optimizier, OpenThreads::ReentrantMutex, Node/Drawable copy
constructors and osgPaticle::FluidProgram, RenderStage/FBO handling
and more.

    source package : OpenSceneGraph-2.9.1.zip
    svn tag: svn co
http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/tags/OpenSceneGraph-2.9.1
OpenSceneGraph

For details of the new features in 2.9.1 have a read of my attempt at blog:

   http://blog.openscenegraph.org/

I'm still rather new to blogging, please shout if my english is not
legible, or if I get some points wrong.

Cheers,