[osg-users] Can 3DS model in Parent-Child Mode be read in Parent-Child mode?

Ümit Uzun umituzun84 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 03:24:09 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I have an model and this model has kind of parts. I am not a modeler so this
question might be so stupid :) Before I have read the model and find all
parts by nodeVisitor and recreate the scenegraph in parent-child mode and
then I have manipulate all transformation in inheritance. I mean when I
rotate some part, the other childs rotate too.

But when I directly read 3DS model and not recreate the scene graph the
parent-child relation doesn't exist on graph although I have already
regenerate the model on 3DMAX in parent-child mode as you can see from the
attached image.

At this point, Can't we read 3ds model which organized parent-child mode
directly and create our scene graph in this mode or not? I can't achieve
this relation between model's parts.

Thanks

--
Ümit Uzun