[osg-users] Problem with animations on VR platform.

Quin So Jo osgforum at tevs.eu
Wed Mar 11 02:09:41 PDT 2009

Hi David.

I'm also starting with VR Juggler and found the same problem, but I think I found the solution.
Robert Osfield gave us the key in his post, the SimulationTime is not being correctly updated in osgapp.h because there is a little bug in the code.

If you open this file and go to the method update of the class OsgApp you can find this (in my file it's the line 365):

Code:
#if OSG_VERSION_MAJOR == 1 && OSG_VERSION_MINOR > 2 || OSG_MAJOR_VERSION >= 2
      // This is available in OSG 1.9 and newer.
      mFrameStamp->setSimulationTime(head_time);
#endif

There is a bug in the "#if" line, because OSG_MAJOR_VERSION is not defined. You just have to change it to:

Code:
#if OSG_VERSION_MAJOR == 1 && OSG_VERSION_MINOR > 2 || OSG_VERSION_MAJOR >= 2

And it should be fixed. [Wink]

Read this topic online here: