[osg-users] CompositeViewer addView threading issue on Windows?

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Tue Mar 3 06:37:12 PST 2009

Hi all,

Some progess on this issue, at last!

Quoting myself:
> I might try submitting the modified example to nvidia to see if they can
> confirm a bug.

I sent a bug report to nvidia a little while back, and got an answer
last Friday saying that with the newest drivers, they could only
reproduce the problem about one in 5 times. I tried these new drivers
(182.06+) and they do in fact seem to fix the problem almost completely.
In my case, out of about 20 tries I could only reproduce the deadlock once.

So it's pretty clear it was a driver bug, and we got lucky that some
other change also fixed our problem by side effect.

I've asked them to check the Linux drivers too.

For reference, if someone ever needs to send a driver bug report, I sent
to (devsupport at nvidia dot com) and am quite happy with the turnaround
time, considering I didn't have much hope of getting any answer at
all... I didn't even need to be a "registered developer".

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/