[osg-users] [osgPPU] Retrieving an Image from osgPPU

Stephan Posch osgforum at tevs.eu
Mon Mar 2 10:35:39 PST 2009

Maybe I'm overlooking something simple, but I just don't seem to see it right off hand.  I'm using osgPPU to do multiple passes on a scene and I have the case where I need the result in two ways (I need both simultaneously):

1)  To the screen (done with UnitOut)
2)  To an osg::Image

Case #1 is obviously simple, but I'm having trouble with case #2.  I've tried writing a custom unit similar to that of UnitOutCapture without the save to disk, but the call to readImageFromCurrentTexture is extremely slow.  Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Steve

Read this topic online here: