[osg-users] Troubles building osg_Freetype plugin

Ernesto osgforum at tevs.eu
Mon Mar 2 09:01:37 PST 2009

Hi

I give up for the moment of building OSG with MinGW32 and decided to use Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 (I'm using a low resources of hardware but OSG goes OK). I have compiled OSG but some plugins didn't compile for example the freetype plugin don't get linked because MSVS linker raises me the following
> Building Custom Rule D:/Installers/libraries/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/freetype/CMakeLists.txt
> CMake does not need to re-run because CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is up-to-date.
> Compiling...
> ReaderWriterFreeType.cpp
> FreeTypeLibrary.cpp
> FreeTypeFont3D.cpp
> FreeTypeFont.cpp
> Generating Code...
> Linking...
> FreeTypeFont3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FT_Outline_Get_BBox referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall FreeTypeFont3D::init(void)" (?init at FreeTypeFont3D@@IAEXXZ)
> D:\Installers\libraries\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\OpenSceneGraph\build\bin\Debug\..\osgPlugins-2.8.0\osgdb_freetyped.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>
> Build log was saved at "file://d:\Installers\libraries\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\OpenSceneGraph\build\src\osgPlugins\freetype\osgdb_freetype.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> Plugins freetype - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

>     Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

I have downloaded the 3rdParty dependencies form here (http://www.openscenegraph.org/downloads/dependencies/Windows/VisualStudio7/3rdParty_Win32binaries_2005_05_10.zip).

If somebody knows how to solve this problem i'll be very grateful

greetings

SirErnest

Read this topic online here: