[osg-users] ImageStream and texture updates synch

Tanguy Fautre tanguyf at ARISTECHNOLOGIES.COM
Mon Mar 2 08:44:43 PST 2009

Hi,

>From what I understand, an ImageStream indicates that the image as been
changed by calling the dirty() method. From there, a texture will update
its content with the new image when the scenegraph is traversed.

The problem is that I've not found any way to synchronize the point
where the ImageStream updates its current image and where a texture
update its content with the current image, which leads to visual tearing
(very similar to vsync off) if the ImageStream and the texture update
their content at the same time.

This is quite visible on some videos when using the FFmpeg plugin.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tanguy