[osg-users] [osgPlugins] IVE plugin crashes when saving textured geometry

Björn Giesler osgforum at tevs.eu
Sun Mar 1 00:58:40 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm using OSG for a computer vision application which produces a textured triangle mesh. The texture is set directly (osg::Image from data pointer, not from a file), and the image data is owned by OSG (USE_NEW_DELETE). The app runs robustly, deleting and re-adding the geometry several times is no problem and doesn't produce any memory leaks, so I'm quite sure that memory management works OK. The texture is 24-bit RGB, displayed as GL_BGR_EXT.

However, when I try to save the geometry as an .ive file, my program crashes. Saving without the texture works great, but as soon as I have the texture in the scene graph, it crashes.

Is this a known problem? Can anyone give me advice on where to look?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Read this topic online here: