[osg-users] Extending the osgViewer::StatsHandler graph

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Mar 11 12:59:03 PDT 2009

Hi Alex,

> What would it take to add another attribute to the statshandler graph? In my scene graph I do physics calculations between frames, and it would be nice if I could say, start a timer before I run my physics loop, end the timer when it's finished, and have that time added to the statistics overlay.

I was thinking of generalizing the stats handler sometime to do exactly
that (at CM-Labs we develop the Vortex physics engine, and getting the
time spent on physics directly in the stats graph (or having different
stats graphs, with a specific one for physics where we could separate
dynamics, collision etc.) would be very cool.

For now, the stats handler would need to be modified (or subclassed I
think could work too) to add new things to it. But I would like to
refactor it so that user-created "stats gatherers" could be added to a
"stats handler", with OSG just adding a predefined set of "graphics
stats gatherers" to the predefined handler.

No time right now, but it's on my plate for this summer probably, if no
one beats me to it.

Hope this helps,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com