[osg-users] performance issues with RTT

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 02:26:47 PDT 2008

Hi Steffen,

FRAME_BUFFER isn't a good render target as it has lots of problems
with cases such as when toolboxes or other applications overlap your
window, when the pixel format you want for you texture is not
appropriate, it also forces copying from the frame buffer to texture
objects and limits the resolution you can work out.

Please try pbuffer if FBO's aren't working out, also try other pixel
formats as well as updating the OpenGL driver.

Robert.