[osg-users] GraphicsWindowWin32 Minimize Console Flood

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:01:05 PDT 2008

Hi John,

What system are you using ? I am working with the OSG SVN and I never seen
this problem on my apps or any OSG example. I am under WinXP, are you using
Vista ?

About your projects, do you have any specific reason to ship them with the
debug console ? You can remove it by making your projects Window
Applications instead of Console Applications.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Argentieri, John-P63223 <
John.Argentieri at gdc4s.com> wrote:

>  Hello osg gang.
>
> I'm sure that I'm not the only one that would like to see this --
>
> How about fixing GraphicsWindowWin32 when it is minimized to stop flooding
> the console in OSG 2.6? The console currently gets flooded with
> makeCurrent/swapBuffers failed messages if the window is minimized.
>
> It's not as exciting as KDTree implementations, but a lot of people
> actually use a Microsoft OS. I'm sure you guys will fix it sooner or later,
> like you did with the texture compression in osgconv on windows. It's just
> that I'd like to see it sooner because some of our osg based projects are
> nearing completion.
>
> Thanks to all for a superb and free API,
> *John Argentieri*
> *Software Engineer*
> *GENERAL DYNAMICS*
> *C4 Systems *
> *John.Argentieri at gdc4s.com*
>
> *"This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
> may contain GDC4S confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all
> copies of the original message.*"

Serge Lages
http://www.tharsis-software.com