[osg-users] RE : Re: RE : Re: Converting a Drawable object to a Geometry object

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Thu Jul 31 05:45:08 PDT 2008

Hi Franclin,

>  I don't think you get the trick, from what you said, the only thing
> wrong is the ShapeDrawable.

I think Ulrich gets the issue quite well, and is quite right. If the
concrete type of the object is ShapeDrawable, you can't cast it to a
Geometry. As he said, there's no parent-child relationship between those
two classes, they're siblings in the hierarchy.

http://www.openscenegraph.org/documentation/OpenSceneGraphReferenceDocs/a01139.html

Check your favorite C++ book if you don't believe us. And in any case,
the proof is in the pudding. Does the code work? No? Well then...

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/