[osg-users] Converting a Drawable object to a Geometry object

Franclin Foping fsfoping at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 31 05:24:13 PDT 2008

Hi Matthew,
 Thanks a lot for your reply. Anyway, I have posted another similar issue. Maybe my algorithm was wrong. The idea behind this thing is to get the texture coordinates of a loaded model. A loaded model is made up several Drawable objects and I thought it could be possible to turn them into a Geometry object to get texture coordinates but I was wrong!
 Do you have any other algorithm to do it?
 Find the pseudo-code in the previous post.
 Thanks for your help.
 Franclin.

"Fuesz, Matthew" <matthew.fuesz at lmco.com> a écrit :        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}           st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }           The problem is that you are trying to cast a pointer to a base class to a pointer to a subclass. This would only work if the actual object being pointed to is an instance of that subclass (or a further subclass of that subclass). Geometry is derived from Drawable, not the other way around – which seems to be the mistake that you are making.

  Please refer to the inheritance diagrams for osg::Drawable and osg::Geometry.

    Matthew W. Fuesz
  Software Engineer Asc.
  Lockheed Martin STS
  1210 Massillon Road