[osg-users] RE : Re: RE : Re: Converting a Drawable object to a Geometry object

Fuesz, Matthew matthew.fuesz at lmco.com
Thu Jul 31 05:10:06 PDT 2008

The problem is that you are trying to cast a pointer to a base class to a pointer to a subclass. This would only work if the actual object being pointed to is an instance of that subclass (or a further subclass of that subclass). Geometry is derived from Drawable, not the other way around - which seems to be the mistake that you are making.

Please refer to the inheritance diagrams for osg::Drawable and osg::Geometry.

Matthew W. Fuesz

Software Engineer Asc.

Lockheed Martin STS

1210 Massillon Road