[osg-users] vpb on cluster example

Greg Myers aftacer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 20:49:11 PDT 2008

Jason,

Thanks for the vpbmaster tip.  I thought it only applied to multiple
systems... I guess I need to read things a little better ;)  My
database creation times went down dramatically now that all 8 cores
are being utilized.  I went ahead and launched a build with a decent
amount of imagery and DTED data before I left work.  Hopefully my hard
drive doesn't fill up before it gets done.  I'm having another hard
drive installed tomorrow so that I can run a bigger set of data over
the weekend.

I haven't tried creating the overviews yet.  How do they help increase
speed?  If the explanation is more of a class than a simple response
then don't worry about responding, I understand ;)

Thanks for all your help!
Greg