[osg-users] osg make error in mingw

songbo_1220 songbo_1220 at 163.com
Wed Jul 30 19:55:04 PDT 2008

 Thank you very much for help, I will follow you try to do that, thank you once again ^-^ !

在2008-07-31,"Philip Lowman" <philip at yhbt.com> 写道:

2008/7/30 songbo_1220 <songbo_1220 at 163.com>

hi Philip Lowman!
You really a good man!
I have read this page, on the mingw osg compiled,
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/PlatformSpecifics/Mingw
but feel it's too low osg version, so i didn't do that, first, i creat msys-osg using cmake, then, I made osg directness using msys-make,  whether or not to do some things before makeing?
thank you for your help!

Yes, that page is out of date.  I will update it if I can figure out how to edit the darn wiki.
Anyways, to compile the OSG using MinGW (with no external dependencies) here is what I do.  These directions are for MinGW makefiles though and not MSYS I think.

1. Run CMake, point to source and build directory
2. Configure for "MinGW Makefiles"
3. Set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE as desired
4. If and ONLY if you have OSG 2.0,2.2, or 2.4 binary packages installed you must modify JPEG_LIBRARY, TIFF_LIBRARY, etc. to blank them
    4a. If you are using CMake 2.6.0, there is a bug preventing you from blanking JPEG_LIBRARY (fix in 2.6.1 or search CMake bugtracker for 2 line patch)
5. Generate
6. Run command prompt, cd to build directory
7. C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make

If you need external dependencies presumably you'd have to obtain or compile all of the various libraries yourself.

--
Philip Lowman