[osg-users] osg make error in mingw

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Jul 30 19:34:06 PDT 2008

2008/7/30 songbo_1220 <songbo_1220 at 163.com>

> hi Philip Lowman!
> You really a good man!
> I have read this page, on the mingw osg compiled,
>
> http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/PlatformSpecifics/Mingw
> but feel it's too low osg version, so i didn't do that, first, i creat
> msys-osg using cmake, then, I made osg directness using msys-make,  whether
> or not to do some things before makeing?
> thank you for your help!

Yes, that page is out of date.  I will update it if I can figure out how to
edit the darn wiki.
Anyways, to compile the OSG using MinGW (with no external dependencies) here
is what I do.  These directions are for MinGW makefiles though and not MSYS
I think.

1. Run CMake, point to source and build directory
2. Configure for "MinGW Makefiles"
3. Set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE as desired
4. If and ONLY if you have OSG 2.0,2.2, or 2.4 binary packages installed you
must modify JPEG_LIBRARY, TIFF_LIBRARY, etc. to blank them
    4a. If you are using CMake 2.6.0, there is a bug preventing you from
blanking JPEG_LIBRARY (fix in 2.6.1 or search CMake bugtracker for 2 line
patch)
5. Generate
6. Run command prompt, cd to build directory
7. C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make

If you need external dependencies presumably you'd have to obtain or compile
all of the various libraries yourself.

--
Philip Lowman