[osg-users] The problem disappeared! (problem with osgUtil::LineSegmentIntersector) Make it please in the next version.

Ulrich Hertlein u.hertlein at sandbox.de
Wed Jul 30 16:56:10 PDT 2008

Hello stranger,

GMD GammerMaxyandex.ru wrote:
> I decided my issue. I removed the code from the file. (as was the case
> previously in 2.5.2). The problem disappeared! Make it please in the next version.
> LineSegmentIntersector.cpp
>
> removed the code from the file: line 290 ..
>
> double epsilon = 1e-8;
> if ((s-e).length()<epsilon)
>  {
>  osg::Vec3d delta_e_end = _end - e;
>  osg::Vec3d delta_s_start = _start - s;
>  double scale = 0.001;
>  s += (delta_s_start * scale);
>  e += (delta_e_end * scale);
>  }
>
> The problem disappeared! Make it please in the next version.

I don't believe simply removing the code is the right answer.  Although it might
solve the problem in your case it may create a problem for somebody else.  The
case was put there for a purpose, namely (from svn log r8539) "Added handling of
co-incident start and end points."

There were a number of other changes in that area, maybe they're causing trouble?

Cheers,
/ulrich