[osg-users] sky model tracking the camera...

Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC Shayne.Tueller at HILL.af.mil
Wed Jul 30 14:55:49 PDT 2008

Viggo,

Thanks much...:)

-Shayne

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Viggo Løvli
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:56 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] sky model tracking the camera...

Hi Shayne,

Add your sky node where-ever you want it in your scene-graph (not as child
of camera). Override the sky's transform node's traverse function and do
something like this:

void yourNode::traverse( osg::NodeVisitor& nv ) {
    switch( nv.getVisitorType() )
    {
    case osg::NodeVisitor::CULL_VISITOR:
        setPosition( nv.getEyePoint() );
        break;
    }
}

Your node will be set to the camera position on each cull-traverse. It will
therefore work properly nomatter how many camera or render passes you add to
your scene.

Hope it helps,
Viggo