[osg-users] somewhat off-topic: sources of real-world lidar point cloud data?

Jason Ziglar jpz at rec.ri.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 30 06:45:16 PDT 2008

I don't know any publicly available real-world LIDAR data, though I
know Velodyne has some pretty nice datasets they were passing about
fairly freely to DARPA Urban Challenge teams. Their sensor is a 360
degree, ~1 million points/second sensor, so it produces some beautiful
point clouds of real world scenes.

Jason