[osg-users] VPB Status

Ralf Stokholm alfmail1 at arenalogic.com
Wed Jul 30 05:56:01 PDT 2008

Hi Robert / all

Thanks for the info on vpbmaster again, finally got around to trying it out.
My data is in the ecw format and after some initial problems the trick about
transforming them into vrt which is recommentet in another thread worked
like a charm.

Im currently building what will be a roughly 600 gig database 14 levels
deep. I cant wait to see how it runs in my sim. :-)

During my investigations I tried specifying different output formats like
jpeg, I expected a jpeg database to be smaller than what is currently
generatet, but it wassent. Is there no way of generating a database
containing more compressed data than the default? I know it would propably
hurt paging performance, but it might be worth it in may case.

Brgs.

Ralf