[osg-users] vpb on cluster example

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Wed Jul 30 03:33:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

sorry, I can only guess at potential problems...

I am assuming you are viewing the data with osgviewer so that I can
discard other cases where blending might not be set up correctly.

The black portions normally indicate that something is up with the
blending of data. E.g. sometimes the geotiffs have transparent areas
that have to be blended with other tiles. This occurs e.g. when the
tiles are not square. Since the dted data has no colour data, I'm not
sure what the image data will blend with.

What I would try is to use one of the BMNG tiles as a backdrop. See on
the wiki for a link. The BMNG tile covers a wide area and would be used
for places in the terrain where you do not supply your own higher res
image data.

jp