[osg-users] sky model tracking the camera...

Viggo Løvli vigigio at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 22:58:35 PDT 2008

Forgot one thing...
At end of traverse function:
    osg::Group::traverse( nv );

My sky is a osg::Group which hold a pointer to the postionTransfor object, so I am therefore calling osg::Group::traverse and not something else :-)

Viggo

From: vigigio at hotmail.comTo: osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.orgDate: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:56:01 +0200Subject: Re: [osg-users] sky model tracking the camera...

Hi Shayne, Add your sky node where-ever you want it in your scene-graph (not as child of camera). Override the sky's transform node's traverse function and do something like this: void yourNode::traverse( osg::NodeVisitor& nv ){    switch( nv.getVisitorType() )    {    case osg::NodeVisitor::CULL_VISITOR:        setPosition( nv.getEyePoint() );        break;    }} Your node will be set to the camera position on each cull-traverse. It will therefore work properly nomatter how many camera or render passes you add to your scene. Hope it helps,Viggo

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:14:25 -0600From: Shayne.Tueller at HILL.af.milTo: osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.orgSubject: [osg-users] sky model tracking the camera...

Hello,

I would like to have my sky model track the camera position so that as the camera moves, the sky model moves with it. To do this, would I add the sky model transform as a child of the cameraNode? Does anyone have any code snippets that may demonstrate how I might do this?

Thanks in advance…
-Shayne

Få Hotmail du også. Windows Live Hotmail nå med 5000 MB gratis lagringsplass.