[osg-users] sky model tracking the camera...

Viggo Løvli vigigio at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 22:56:01 PDT 2008

Hi Shayne,

Add your sky node where-ever you want it in your scene-graph (not as child of camera). Override the sky's transform node's traverse function and do something like this:

void yourNode::traverse( osg::NodeVisitor& nv )
{
    switch( nv.getVisitorType() )
    {
    case osg::NodeVisitor::CULL_VISITOR:
        setPosition( nv.getEyePoint() );
        break;
    }
}

Your node will be set to the camera position on each cull-traverse. It will therefore work properly nomatter how many camera or render passes you add to your scene.

Hope it helps,
Viggo

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:14:25 -0600From: Shayne.Tueller at HILL.af.milTo: osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.orgSubject: [osg-users] sky model tracking the camera...

Hello,

I would like to have my sky model track the camera position so that as the camera moves, the sky model moves with it. To do this, would I add the sky model transform as a child of the cameraNode? Does anyone have any code snippets that may demonstrate how I might do this?

Thanks in advance…
-Shayne