[osg-users] vpb on cluster example

Greg Myers aftacer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:26:31 PDT 2008

I have another question for you JP.  I have been playing with the osgdem
tool and trying to create a terrain database with some aerial photos (
geotiffs ).  After my database is generated using the command:

Osgdem --geocentric --terrain -d DTED -t image.tif -l 4 -o test\test.ive

I get something that looks about right except that the terrain around the
image is blacked out.  More area is blacked out when I'm viewing the higher
layers.  I'm attaching a small image so that you can see what I'm talking
about.  If you look near the top left corner of the black area you can
barely make out my tiny little geotiff image.  When I zoom out the black
area becomes larger.  When I zoom in it becomes smaller but never goes
completely away.  It seems that whichever tile ( I think that's the right
term ) the image is located in is blacked out everywhere except where the
image is.  Is it not possible to use images that only cover a portion of
your terrain or am I just missing some command line arguments or something?

Thanks
Greg