[osg-users] Boundingsphere precision question

Ariasgore ariasgore at gmx.de
Sun Jul 27 10:14:39 PDT 2008

Hello,
> When you collecting/drawing your bounding volume Are you taking into
> account
> the bounding boxes are localized with respect to the geometry they contain
>
> And NOT to the origin or any transforms

I am not quite sure, is this required? I am iterating a node and expand an
empty boundingbox by all found boxes. If I get a bbox of a geode its
xmin,ymin,zmin and their max are placed correct -> relative to some local
transformation, with the tank example the turret bbox should increase the
overall bounding box by its own position, isn't it the desired behaviour?
But anyway, the cow has only one geode and a group so the bbox of the cow
should be the same as the origin of the model, if I am not, how can I cope
with that?

Thanks