[osg-users] How to read out the coordinate info from model files

Gordon Tomlinson gordon at gordon-tomlinson.com
Sat Jul 26 06:16:12 PDT 2008

As Robert says there are no stored coordinates

You could write a node visitor to traverse the tree of node of your 3ds
model once it has loaded and walk thru all the bounding boxes to calculate a
center for the 3d model. But his would be the center of the geometry, and
not necessarily what he modeler considered the origin center of the model

Gordon Tomlinson
www.vis-sim.com
www.gordontomlinson.com