[osg-users] osg::Image::update?

Hartmut Seichter lists at technotecture.com
Fri Jul 25 18:02:09 PDT 2008

Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi Hartmut,
>
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:10 AM, Hartmut Seichter
> <lists at technotecture.com> wrote:
>
>> I just realized the introduction of osg::Image::update(osg::NodeVisitor*)
>>
>> which is awsome (kindof - for now it just breaks the whole thing),
>>

> What do mean "just breaks the whole thing"?  Could you be very
> specific.  It shouldn't change anything for conventional Texture/Image
> usage.

Well, osgART has a number of PlugIns implementing their own
osgART::VideoImageStream which implements update slightly
different. But I am happy to quickly change things over as we are
targeting the latest OSG
>> especially for osgART (http://osgart.org) ... I was wondering what your
>> plans are with the implementation as the osgimagesequence is probably a work
>> in progress
>>

> osgimagesequence is currently work in progress, it should be wrapped
> up today though.  I have non paged and paged ImageSequence
> functionality working, it just API refinement and better control of
> looping.
>
> Robert.

Are there any plans to differentiate between open() and play() ... this
was the main reason for us  to have osgART::VideoImageStream as we need
to know in osgART which dimensions and colorspace the imagestream supports

Cheers,

Hartmut Seichter, PhD (HKU), Dipl-Ing.(BUW), Postdoctoral Fellow, HITLabNZ