[osg-users] Getting the opengl texture id of an osg::Texture2D

Steffen Kim mailto.stk at web.de
Fri Jul 25 05:58:28 PDT 2008

Thanks for the help,

everything seems to work fine so far.

But now I'm a little bit lost on what the best way for creating an osg::Texture2D out of the ID of an OpenGL-texture is.

I have the id of an OpenGL-texture as the result delivered by the API I'm using and I want to get this texture as an osg::Texture2D.

I tried creating a new Texture2D, generating a TextureObject by using generateTextureObject and finally setting the _id of this TextureObject to the id of my result texture.
But I keep getting errors that way because the generated TextureObject seems to be invalid.

Do I have to add another step before setting the id? Or am I completely off and have to do it in a different way?

How do I get an osg::Texture2D from my OpenGL-Texture-ID?

Regards,
Steffen