[osg-users] Robert: I figured it out :-) (was: Is it possible to know when the node-graph is 'dirty'?)

Viggo Løvli vigigio at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 07:08:41 PDT 2008

Hi Robert,

I have changed the code a bit.

Now I create my statset (_myPreCreatedStateSet) at class construction.
I no longer clone bin 10.
I now only do this inside the inner check:

                if( binList.find(10) != binList.end() )
                {
                    binList[9] = new osgUtil::RenderBin();
                    binList[9]->setStateSet( _myPreCreatedStateSet );
                    (binList[9]->getRenderBinList())[9] = binList[10];
                }

The only thing that annoy me now is the call to new().
Creating one bin as a member variable in my class and using it instead of the call to new cause the system to crash. Double buffering I guess.
So maybe I can fix this by having two RenderBin instances in my class, and use them every other call?

But, I suspect that it may not be enough? Would I need two per cull call that is ran per frame? Say that I in the future render with 4 different cameras and cull the world 4 times. Would I then need 4*2 bin instances to use instead of calling new()?

Regards,
Viggo