[osg-users] osg/GL + glut.h interaction

James Turner zakalawe at mac.com
Wed Jul 23 02:11:22 PDT 2008

On 23 Jul 2008, at 10:56, Robert Osfield wrote:

> Can you not just avoid GLUT because it's crap for an proper
> application development.  Or just put the GLUT include last.  I'm not
> going to mess around with the core OSG to make up for deficiencies in
> an API that is well passed it's sell by date.

Agreed, but I do think it should be 'officially' documented somewhere,
because the failure mode is *extremely* confusing. I was dealing with
code that was indirectly dragging in glut.h through two other layers
of library headers, and wasted many hours untangling the mess.

Though I suppose the next person to have the issue will search the OSG
list archives and maybe find this thread. Hello to that person, now
you know what the fix is :)

James