[osg-users] Default vertex shader

Denis Nikolskiy nikolski at arsc.edu
Tue Jul 22 16:31:11 PDT 2008

Hello Jean-Sebastien,

> Check the top of the shader in src/osgShadow/ShadowMap.cpp, there
> is a bunch of uniforms with names that start with "osgShadow_". You
> can use those same variable names in other shaders, and you will
> then have access to the same data (as long as the shader is on a
> node in the subgraph under the ShadowedScene node). The sampler is
> the shadow map itself, and the others are parameters. So you can
> use the same code and just combine it with whatever else you want
> to do.

Thanks for clarifying those things. I followed your suggestion and I
was able to access all the "osgShadow_" uniforms when I added only
fragment shader. When I added vertex shader, the object was not
shadowed properly (with the same exact fragment shader). I suspect
I'm doing something wrong with the texture coordinates in a vertex
shader. I looked in ShadowMap.cpp, it has only fragment shaders. Do
you know where can I find default vertex shader?

Thank you for your time,

Denis