[osg-users] Help with osgdem

Riepl, David M david.m.riepl at boeing.com
Tue Jul 22 07:14:49 PDT 2008

Lourdes,
If your input to a mosaic was .ecw (compressed) and you output an .ecw (compressed) you may have inadvertently degraded the quality even further.  Sticking with GeoTIF would keep the quality high.

You say you specified 9 levels but it only produced 7....keep in mind that there is a top level/master .ive file that does not have a level number on it (myproject_StL_3d.ive) and there is also a level 0 (myproject_StL_3d_L0_X0_Y0_subtile.ive)...so if you see output that reaches to this (myproject_StL_3d_L7_X68_Y0_subtile.ive) then you got all 9 levels.

Plus, the overall area covered by your image(s) drives how many levels are required to reach the highest resolution of those image(s).

David Riepl
Visualization IG/DB Team
Training Systems & Services
The Boeing Company