[osg-users] Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in prep for 2.5.6 dev release

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 01:25:44 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Serge Lages <serge.lages at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I can't test right now but I am curious, what is the purpose of this new
> osg::ImageSequence class ? Is it related to the osg::ImageStream class ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your clarifications.

Oooh you might be able to guess from the name... ImageSequence is a
sequence of... wait for it.... images :-)

osg::ImageSequence "is a" osg::ImageStream, so is designed to provide
a continuous stream of images that are played back movie style.

The difference with ImageSequence is that you can build the movie from
a sequence of user defined Images or use defined image files.  The new
osgDB::ImagePager will handle converting the image file names into
images, a bit of similar way that PagedLOD works when coupled with the
DatabasePager.  Like the DatabasePager it's not a coupling that a user
needs to wire up themselves, this will all happen automatically, or
will once I complete the implementation :-)