[osg-users] Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in prep for 2.5.6 dev release

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 01:12:10 PDT 2008

Hi Robert,

I can't test right now but I am curious, what is the purpose of this new
osg::ImageSequence class ? Is it related to the osg::ImageStream class ?

Thanks in advance for your clarifications.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:07 PM, Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There have been a number of fixes, and new additions to SVN since
> 2.5.5 so we'll need to get this thoroughly tested out across
> platforms.  The main new addition is an osg::ImageSequence class, and
> associated osgDB::ImagePager and osgimagestream example.  This late
> work is not yet complete, alas, but API wise is mostly there and close
> to its final form for 2.6.  I should wrap the implementation side up
> tomorrow morning.
>
> FYI, I've pushed the ImageSequence work ahead of 2.6 as hopefully code
> that'll be using it can get integrated with osgExp, without getting
> this in now osgExp would have to target a non stable release to be
> able to integrate the improvements.  The osgExp changes aren't mine
> though, so please don't ask questions and expect answers.. I'll have
> to defer to those developing the changes to pass them on in time.
>
> This extra code does push potential for build breakage, the best we
> can do is be test on as many plarforms as possible and be quick to fix
> anything that is amiss. So please, pretty please could you do an svn
> update on your machines and let me know how you get on.
>
> Many thanks,
> Robert.

Serge Lages
http://www.tharsis-software.com