[osg-users] crash in frame(); in the multithreading

Wu Xiaodong wuxiaodong82 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 18:53:40 PDT 2008

 Based on your opinion  that the crash is "*a straight iterator invalidation
issue due to your add/removing
stuff from the scene graph.*" , can you give me some suggestions on fix the
bug?   the codes was so huge that i can't paste it in mail.

           Thanks a lot.

           Xiaodong.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2008/7/18 Wu Xiaodong <wuxiaodong82 at gmail.com>:
> > In my case, I added some new child-node to a group-node, then it crashed
> > some times;
> >
> > Could the bug be fixed if i call osg::Group::setDataVariance ( )?
>
> Setting DataVariance on the Group will have no effect, it only is
> critical for StateSet and Drawable.
>
> It could be that your crash has nothing to do with threading though,
> and is a straight iterator invalidation issue due to your add/removing
> stuff from the scene graph.  Since I don't have your code in front of
> me I can but guess at what the cause might be.
>
> Robert.

Xiaodong Wu
吴晓东
"'Xiao' means the time and the view when the sun rises and 'dong' means the
east in Chinese"