[osg-users] Compiler discomfort on IRIX at OpenFlight plugin

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon Jul 21 16:02:30 PDT 2008

Hi Robert,

"Robert Osfield" wrote:

> I've pre-empted you sending the files, and had a guess at what you
> might have changed - I moved the Record {} body from Record.h into the
> Record.cpp.  This, what should be a superfluous change, is now checked
> in to SVN.

Ok, the main difference between my workaround and your fix is, as it
seems, that your fix is technically correct  :-)

Tadaaaa, I didn't catch your 'ImageSequence' stuff, but the previous
state in SVN compiles properly _and_ I'm now able to load the PV-demo
scenery. Thanks for taking care of this !

I have a little side note concerning CMake's habits on IRIX. Apparently
N32 is the default output format on IRIX for OSG - compiler calls often
look like this one:

  /usr/bin/CC -DEFAULT:abi=n32:isa=mips4:proc=r10k [...] -n32

This appears to be pre-defined somewhere in the CMake defaults .... at
least I guess so - CMake "version 2.4-patch 6" working here.
So, I have a $LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH which includes, among other
directories, '/usr/freeware/lib32'. I also have a $LD_LIBRARY64_PATH
which includes '/usr/freeware/lib64' That's entirely fine.
Yet, after running 'cmake' with not a single LD_LIBRARY_PATH-related
option, I always find references to '/usr/freeware/lib64' in the two
'src/osgPlugins/gif/CMakeFiles/osgdb_gif.dir/*link.txt' files, even
though N32 is the default.

This doesn't trouble me, I'm used to run a simple script to fix these
before calling 'make', it would just be "nice to have" if this would
get handled properly by 'cmake'.

Cheers,
	Martin.