[osg-users] Compiler discomfort on IRIX at OpenFlight plugin

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon Jul 21 10:45:02 PDT 2008

Martin Spott wrote:
> "Robert Osfield" wrote:
>
> > [...], my best guess is that you changed:
> >
> >     virtual ~Record() {}

> >     virtual ~Record();
>
> Yes, this is the change I made in 'src/osgPlugins/OpenFlight/Record.h'
> at line 64 to make the MIPSPro compiler happy, thus reverting that tiny
> part of changeset 7756.
> Yet I had to realize that, after finally getting proper binaries, I was
> unable to load an OpenFlight sample database that loaded nicely on a
> Linux machine where I didn't apply that change - but that's a different
> issue.

The primary complaint is still valid and the mentioned change is still
required to make MIPSpro happy.

Unfortunately I'm unable to tell why 'osgviewer' now dumps a core when
'http://3dnature.com/scenesample.html'. Looking at GDB, it seems to me
that the last action is to load 'libosgSim' - I'll see if I get
anywhere further,

	Martin.