[osg-users] How to ensure stable execution of the GPU?

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 07:07:12 PDT 2008

Hi Alf,

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Alf Inge Iversen <alf-inge at autosim.no> wrote:
> The computers are pretty much cleaned up according to unneeded services,
> as their only task is to run as image generators.

OK, that's one likely candidate we can tick off the list.

> Can I interpret your answer as: "No, there are no ways to control the
> start of the GPU execution from the OSG API." ?

You could insert a camera pre/post callback if you want to add your
own sync code.

In your email you say you have two channels, but then you say its
embedded.  Do you mean two physical displays, or a single display with
two cameras?  It kinda sounds like your using the confusing Performer
terminology, where a channel could be either a camera or a display.
Could you say specifically what your Camera and GraphicsContext set up
is.