[osg-users] Node needs to render at least one pixel

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Fri Jul 18 13:10:13 PDT 2008

Hello Philip,

> I have thought of artificially moving it closer, or scaling it larger,
> but I was wondering if there is, instead, some attribute I can give it
> that says, "render me even if I'm small."

I imagine you mean that you don't want your node culled even if it's
very small. You can turn off small feature culling for a camera:

   camera->setCullingMode(camera->getCullingMode() &
       ~osg::CullSettings::SMALL_FEATURE_CULLING);

Note that this will not change that it will be culled if it's outside
the viewing frustum. It's possible to turn off all culling on a camera,
but that would be a big no-no performance wise. You can also set a node
not to be culled at all:

   node->setCullingActive(false);

But again, this is pretty bad and should only be done in desperate
cases... What are you trying to achieve?

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/